No, I'm not addicted to pain killers. Why do you ask?

10/26/09

Yo Man NBA Preview-Time


On the eve of the opener, we caught up with Tony, "The Talon" Allen. Here are his thoughts on a variety of topics:

His summer
"Been quiet man...been quiet off-season for me personally, just, you know, xbox, training, watching television, man there's a lot of great television on out there...they got these like crazy cooking shows on all the time now and I'm hooked on it...I tried some of those recipes out and then it didn't work out, so now I just watch you know."

On the state of the Celtics
"Highlight of the summer hands down was when Sheed signed. I texted him and was like, 'yo Sheed good call man, we gonna have some good times,' and he never wrote back...I don't know if he's into that whole text thing, he's pretty vocal, but I was just looking forward to him coming over you know and playing xbox, getting a little lifted...he said he was big into NBA 2K10, but the last time we played he wasn't all that good, so I think I could beat him there."

On the other Celtics besides Sheed
"I don't know about you man, but it just seems like we got a lot of players now. More than last year. I remember a few years ago it seemed like we only had like 8 players, and then we signed KG and Mr. Ray Allen, so that's two, plus the draft, and Sheed, Sheldon, Marquis de Sad, and now we have like 15 players with Lester Hudson. You watch out for Lester, he take no prisoners. We've been trying to come up with a nickname for him, but nothing sticks. Sheldon came up with hawk because he got a mohawk, but I think that's being a little obvious, you know."

On where he sees himself with the team
"You know, I'm still the 6th man on this team. First off the bench. Doc's got a weird system where he plays his bench 10-6 usually on size, and I'm coming in for PoPo, so it's like 2 minutes and here I go, but I'm still the 6th man you know, I think everyone knows that. Sheed said he'd never be the sixth man so that takes care of him there. I don't know, Doc doesn't really say much to me, he just throwing me the ball and sort of nods, you know, like 'alright Tony, here's the ball' you know what I mean...Being a veteran on this club, Doc just knows who I am, and I know him, so it just works like that."

On his ankle injury
"Yeah that's unfortunate like, I want to play, but then they're like it's the beginning of the season, you should rest it on the bench, and I just get so bored on the bench usually, I'd rather be home watching the game, hitting up the xbox with the same teams, but they're like no wear a suit and sit there. So we go to Cleveland, then home for a couple. I think I'll play against the bulls. Lock down on Ben Gordon you've been warned."

On how far the Celts are going this year
"All the way baby. All. The. Way. You can quote me on that. Internet quote right there."